Bachelor of Computer Application is a 3 years under graduate degree programme, affiliated to DAVV, Indore. This course is generally for students who wish to gather knowledge in the field of computer languages. It is one of the most popular courses to begin with for a career in Information Technology. A BCA degree would enable a student to develop sound academic base for advanced career in Computer Applications. The details of BCA programme including duration, eligibility, admission criteria, objectives, future prospects and fee structure are given below:
• To acquaint students with the basic concepts of computer applications.
• To train the students in the application of computers in various business operation.
• To make students familiar with the languages those are used in computer application.
• To provide basic knowledge of computers with application to various fields of information technology and its role in Business today.
• To give an overview of computers, hardware, software, database and commercial application.
• To provide a platform for the students on the basis of which they can further explore the field of computer application in their related discipline.
After BCA , one can look for higher education courses like Master of Computer Management or Master of Computer Application. MCA and MBA are some of the popular higher education courses. BCA graduate can also enroll for SAP certifications for good job opportunities.
With the rapidly growing IT industry a BCA student has look for jobs in leading IT companies such as Oracle, IBM, Infosys and Wipro to name a few. Students can join in the software industry as System engineer, software tester, junior programmer, web developer, system administrator, software developer etc. BCA graduates are recruited by public sector organizations and government organizations like the Indian Air Force (IAF), Indian Army, and India Navy.